Inspired

I have gotten all kinds of responses from friends and family regarding the creation of this blog. The most frequent question I get is "Why?"

I guess it is time for a mission statement of sorts. There are lots of reasons, so this post might lean a little to the rambling side. Oh, who am I kidding? They are all rambling posts so far!
Mission statements are technically supposed to be something you do before you launch a project or business. But, sometimes things take a bit of time to find their footing. Or you start something because you know you have to do it, even if you don't know the purpose yet.

I started this blog as a way to stay in touch with family and friends. My family has always been spread out and I have never stayed in one place for too long since graduating.

I started this blog because I was inspired by the likes of those you see in that list to your right. They are all such eloquent writers who have a truly creative point of view, whether it be about food, colors, or kindergartners. I have not been inspired by much lately and finding something that did inspire me again was a welcome change.

I didn't know it when I started this blog, but as I have continued to work on this blog I have rediscovered my love for writing. I write plenty in grad school. But, a truly good scientist must remove her voice from her writing. It is important in science. Our credibility lies in our dedication to the search for unbiased truths. We cannot let our feelings or attachments to certain outcomes taint our interpretation of our research. However, with this blog I am free to write as I please. About the things I like and the things that inspire me. I feel renewed. I wasn't expecting it, but I am really enjoying finding my voice as a writer again. I find myself planning blog posts all day long.

And with that dear reader, I promise to write more about my adventures in cooking, gardening, outdoor adventures, organizing, sewing projects, decor that makes me smile, art, travel, libations, and coffee to name a few.

Comments

  1. Errin,

    What I enjoy so much about your blog is that it is educational in a very science-y way (salmon hatcheries!), and also very personal (recipes, what you're up to, and your new found love of writing!). This blog for me is a wonderful, hysterical escape from a nine to five grind inside a cubical. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to something so incredibly forthright and deliciously enjoyable. Love, Will

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts