Doomed


I love the sun and warm weather. Set me down on a tropical island where I can body surf and snorkel all day long while eating fresh fruit and I am as happy as a clam.

Why do I live in the Northwest then? Why do I date someone who is allergic to the sun (!?!?)? Why did I live in San Francisco for four cool climate years? Ah. All good questions my dear Watson. Because I am practical in many ways and have not chosen to base my lifetime decisions on climate. Which, is how I have landed myself in a dark, damp, cold (but, lovely) city. But, trust me, I complain about the weather (9 months of the year) plenty. I also try to escape the winter time SAD with vacations to sunny places.

Today, I was down in the International District with a friend for lunch. We went to a Chinese restaurant called Shanghai Garden. I had the most wonderfully bright green lunch. It was a green barley noodle and vegetable stir fry. I have never had anything quite like it. They make the noodles themselves and don't douse it in sauce that hides their natural flavor. They were so bright and fresh and tasty.

Then we get our bill and cursory fortune cookies. I chose mine first. And what does my little slip of fortune say? "You will soon vacation in a cool climate." I kid you not. My fate is sealed. I am now doomed to not only live in a cool climate, but vacation in one too.


The ironic thing is that I am going on an Alaskan cruise next month.

Comments

Popular Posts